Kitich Camp, Kenya
As one of our most beautiful camps, Kitich was heralded as a ‘biological bonanza’ by the BBC. This glorious patch of montane rainforest has flourished gloriously within a mini ecosystem, and the camp itself is styled naturally to blend in with surroundings and absorb the unique atmosphere.
With just six tents situated under a dense tree canopy, overlooking the stunning Ngeng River, this camp is a low-key classic. At Kitich, we provide old fashioned safari comforts, including soft & fresh linen, comfortable double beds, iced drinks, and gracious dining – all in a wonderfully peaceful setting.
Kitich Camp is a truly remote and private location in a stunning forest glade on the upper slopes of the Mathews Mountains (also known as the Lenkiyio Hills). The forest of the Mathews Mountains covers about 900 sq. km, and the astounding peaks rise 6000 ft. from the surrounding lowlands.
By day, guests can explore forest trails and crystal clear mountain streams by foot. The local Samburu guides share their extensive knowledge of the abundant hardwood trees, cycads, orchids, birds and butterflies. Unlike most of Africa, guests can swim and relax in the springs and rivers around Kitich camp.
At night, the atmosphere is magical, and the glade is lit for guests to observe the cautious trail of nocturnal visitors, including Melanistic (black-coated) leopard, elephant, bushbuck, and buffalo – all of which come to drink and hunt by the river.
If you would like to experience the unique atmosphere and incredible setting of Kitich Camp, get in touch with us today to discuss the requirements for your bespoke safari.
Why Book your Safari With Us?
We have over 25 years experience operating luxury safaris in Kenya. Our intimate safari camps and lodges, away from busy tourist hotspots, are world renowned. We work closely with local tribes, communities and guides; our focus is to conserve and preserve the beautiful culture and wildlife of Kenya, whilst providing a breathtaking experience for our guests.
About the Camp
- A traditional forest camp with old-fashioned comforts.
- 6 tented en-suite bedrooms (3 doubles, 3 twin).
- Silver level eco-rating.
- 220,000 acres of tropical montane forest on the upper slopes of the Mathews Mountain Range.
- Pristine micro-climate with rare trees, plants, and forest life.
- Elephant, buffalo, bushbuck, lion, wild dog, and melanistic leopard.
- Guided forest walks with experienced resident Samburu guides.
- River swimming, bird & butterfly observation.
- Bush breakfasts, sundowners, and picnics.
- Cultural immersion with local Samburu people.